DE: (302) 478-2900
PA: (267) 908-5060

Wilmington Delaware Personal Injury Lawyer

Frequently Asked Questions

Which Insurance Claim Number Should I Give to My Doctors?

Crash! You are in a motor vehicle accident. It’s not too bad – you seem okay. After you get over the initial shock, you follow the drill: call the police, check out the damage, and exchange driver and insurance information. Next, you review how your body feels. Maybe you need to go to the emergency room because you are feeling some aches and pains or you feel okay but need to visit the doctor the next day. Whatever your injuries, whether they send you to the doctor’s office or to the hospital in an ambulance, your medical bills need to be paid.

The first thing to do is to call your own car insurance company. Tell them that you were in an accident and that you are injured. Ask to start a PIP claim. You will receive a PIP claim number. PIP, Personal Injury Protection, is a form of no-fault automobile insurance coverage that pays for your medical bills and lost wages for up to two (2) years after the accident, or up to the amount of your PIP policy limits (usually $15,000.00), whichever comes first. You should give this PIP claim number and the name and phone number of your car insurance company to your medical providers so that your bills can be submitted to PIP.

In Delaware, PIP coverage does not preclude a lawsuit for pain and suffering resulting from an automobile accident. Even though PIP pays for you medical bills, you can file a lawsuit against the negligent party.

Start your PIP claim as soon as possible so that your medical bills get covered right away. If you are unable to call, then ask a relative or friend to make the call.

At Huang Law LLC, in Wilmington, Delaware, we represent individuals in personal bankruptcy and personal injury matters throughout Delaware, including Dover, Brandywine, North Wilmington, New Castle, Newport, Stanton, Newark, Bear, Glasgow, Middletown, Smyrna, Milford, Seaford, Laurel, Milton, Millsboro, Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach and Georgetown; and in New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County. We assist individuals and small medium sized businesses nationwide in immigration matters.

Huang Law LLC serves clients in and around Philadelphia, Bala Cynwyd, Merion Station, Darby, Wynnewood, Sharon Hill, Upper Darby, Narberth, Folcroft, Cheltenham, Clifton Heights, Lansdowne, Glenolden, Drexel Hill, Elkins Park, Havertown, Norwood, Ardmore, Holmes, Essington, Wyncote, Prospect Park, Delaware County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia County.

Huang Law LLC is a Debt Relief law firm as defined by 11 U.S.C. 528. We help people file for Bankruptcy Relief under the Bankruptcy Code. The information contained on this website is not to be construed as legal advice. It is not intended to solicit or form an attorney-client relationship. We do not guarantee any result and prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. This is an attorney advertisement and this website is for informational purposes only.

The information you obtain at this site is not nor is it intended to be legal advise. We invite you to contact us by phone and electronic mails. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attornet-client relationship has been establisehed.