A limited liability company (LLC) is a flexible form of enterprise that blends elements of partnership and corporate structures. It is a legal form of company that provides limited liability to its owners in the vast majority of United States jurisdictions. It is a hybrid business entity having certain characteristics of both a corporation and a partnership or sole proprietorship (depending on how many owners there are).
Advantages of forming a Delaware LLC
- An LLC can elect to be taxed as a sole proprietor, partnership, S corporation or C corporation (as long as they would otherwise qualify for such tax treatment).
- Limited liability, meaning that the owners of the LLC, referred as “members,” are protected from some or all liability for acts and debts of the LLC.
- Much less administrative paperwork and record keeping than a corporation.
- No required annual general meeting for shareholders.
- Pass-through taxation (i.e., no double taxation), unless the LLC elects to be taxed as a C corporation.
- LLC is allowed to have international and entity investors, whereas the shareholders of S-Corporations must be U.S. residents or resident aliens.
- LLCs in Delaware can be set up with just one natural person involved
- Delaware does not have a minimum capital requirement to incorporate a Corporation or form an LLC.
Why Choose Huang Law LLC to form a Delaware LLC
- Clients are represented by a Delaware attorney whose office is physically located in Delaware.
- Clients are offered a free half-hour initial consultation with a Delaware attorney. A lawyer with experience can help you determine whether LLC is advantageous and appropriate for your business.
- Clients are offered Registered Agent service.
- Clients are building a long time relationship with a Delaware law firm for their newly formed Delaware LLC. In addition to form a LLC, the attorney can draft bylaws, LLC agreement, advise clients on compliance of law, and represent clients in business transaction and litigation in Delaware.
Contact us now at (302) 478-2900 for a Free Initial Consultation.