Serving Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and New York
K1 Visa Overview
The K1 visa classification is specifically for fiancee(e)s of US Citizens seeking admission to the US to get married.
To be eligible for a fiance(e) visa,
- the petitioner must be a US Citizen,
- both members of the couple must be legally able to marry,
- the foreign national must have intent to marry within 90 days or entering the US, and
- they must have personally met within the past two years.
Advantages and Limitations of a K1
The K1 visa is ideal for those who prefer not to travel overseas to marry their fiance(e) and apply for their green card from the US. Applying for a K1 visa process is a faster process than having to travel overseas to get married, and wait for a spousal petition to get approved. The finace(e)’s unmarried children under the age of 21 may also enter the US with the fiance(e) as accompanying relatives. The K1 visa is also a multiple entry visa and the visa holder may also apply for work authorization immediately upon admission to the US.
There are no extensions allowed in K1 visas under any circumstances. Even after marriage, the K-1 visa holder will go out of status after the 90 day period of admission, and therefore should take action on applying for adjustment of status expeditiously.
How We Can Help
Huang Law LLC works with clients across the United States on the green card marriage process. While some clients prefer to come to our office, the entire process can be efficiently handled over the phone and through email as well.
Our firm’s green card through marriage experience benefits you in several key areas. We:
- Clarify options and potential scenarios surrounding your case
- Assist you in collecting the required information & documentation
- Correctly complete and submit all parts of the application
- Communicate with USCIS through the entire process
- Monitor the entire application process
- Thoroughly prepare you and your spouse for the marriage green card interview
- Attend the marriage green card interview with you and your spouse
We encourage open and frequent communication, and
- Make sure your green card marriage case is processed QUICKLY and SUCCESSFULLY
- Provide the highest level of service at an affordable FLAT rate
To discuss K1 visa petitions and other alternatives with an experienced immigration lawyer from Huang Law LLC, feel free to contact us, or call our Wilmington office at (302) 478-2900, or Philadelphia Office at (267) 908-5060.