DE: (302) 478-2900
PA: (267) 908-5060

Experienced Citizenship and Naturalization Lawyer in Wilmington and Philadelphia Area

You may obtain United States citizenship either through birth or through naturalization.  In fact, some people unknowingly are already United States citizens based on their birth to a United States citizen parent or parents, depending on various circumstances.


Naturalization is the process of obtaining citizenship after birth.  Some of the requirements for an applicant to obtain United States citizenship through naturalization are as follows:

  • Continuous, permanent residence in the USA (with a green card or immigration visa) for 5 years (sometimes less)
  • Good moral character
  • Age of 18 years or older unless adopted by a US citizen
  • Ability to read, write, and speak English (waived for certain age groups and disabilities)
  • Knowledge of US history and government
  • Favorable disposition toward the US
  • Attachment to the principles outlined in the US Constitution
When can I Obtain Citizenship Through Naturalization?

talk-to-usYou may apply for naturalization after 4 years and 9 months (57 months) from the date you received your green card, or 2 years and 9 months (33 months) if you received your green card through marriage to a US Citizen or VAWA, or 3 years and 9 months (45 months) if you received your green card through Asylum. You must have been physically present in the US for 30 months or 18 months if you received your green card through marriage, just as long as you did not break continuity of your residence in the US.

Attorney’s Role in a Naturalization Case?

In a straightforward naturalization case where there are no complications, often people find that they may apply for naturalization without the help of an attorney. Some people still feel somewhat uncomfortable facing a USCIS officer alone, and would like someone to attend the interview with them. A naturalization applicant may only bring in an interpreter if necessary and an attorney. For some people, applying for naturalization might actually create problems, so in cases where there are complications (arrests/convictions, breaks in continuity), it is highly recommended that the case is at least reviewed by an immigration lawyer.

Contact Us

To discuss Naturalization with an experienced immigration lawyer from the Huang Law LLC, please feel free to contact us, call our Wilmington office at (302) 478-2900, or Philadelphia Office at (267) 908-5060.

At Huang Law LLC, in Wilmington, Delaware, we represent individuals in personal bankruptcy and personal injury matters throughout Delaware, including Dover, Brandywine, North Wilmington, New Castle, Newport, Stanton, Newark, Bear, Glasgow, Middletown, Smyrna, Milford, Seaford, Laurel, Milton, Millsboro, Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach and Georgetown; and in New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County. We assist individuals and small medium sized businesses nationwide in immigration matters.

Huang Law LLC serves clients in and around Philadelphia, Bala Cynwyd, Merion Station, Darby, Wynnewood, Sharon Hill, Upper Darby, Narberth, Folcroft, Cheltenham, Clifton Heights, Lansdowne, Glenolden, Drexel Hill, Elkins Park, Havertown, Norwood, Ardmore, Holmes, Essington, Wyncote, Prospect Park, Delaware County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia County.

Huang Law LLC is a Debt Relief law firm as defined by 11 U.S.C. 528. We help people file for Bankruptcy Relief under the Bankruptcy Code. The information contained on this website is not to be construed as legal advice. It is not intended to solicit or form an attorney-client relationship. We do not guarantee any result and prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. This is an attorney advertisement and this website is for informational purposes only.

The information you obtain at this site is not nor is it intended to be legal advise. We invite you to contact us by phone and electronic mails. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attornet-client relationship has been establisehed.